Dear S.O.D.A. Families, We are very excited to get back into the studio this fall! We have missed you all so much, and hope you are all staying healthy and enjoying your summer. To protect our S.O.D.A. families, students, and instructors we will be implementing several changes, and following our local state & CDC guidelines. We are doing everything possible to keep our families safe. Although it will be a very different year, to say the least, it will feel great to open our doors again!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS S.O.D.A. EMPLOYEES
1. All employees will be provided education and training around safe practices as it relates to hygiene, cloth face covering use, social distancing, sanitation (cleaning and disinfection policies), and illness policies.
2. All employees will have daily temperature checks, as well as COVID health screenings. Person(s) with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 must stay home until symptom based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation which are: at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (recovery is defined as resolution of fever without any fever reducing medications plus improvement in other symptoms)
S.O.D.A. STUDENTS & FAMILIES
1. Indoor communal or common areas will be closed per state and CDC guidelines, no one will be allowed to wait inside the building. The only exception to this will be for students age 4 & younger and special needs students; and then only 1 parent (sorry, no siblings) will be allowed to wait in the building.
2. Everyone entering the studio for any reason must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth when in the building; this includes dancers while in the studio dancing. Exceptions to this policy on face mask use are outlined in the CDC guidance, and includes younger children who may not be compliant with face mask use or to whom face masks may pose a health risk. Aerial students must wear a face mask with ear loops; the masks that go around the back of the head could possibly get tangled in the fabric and create a dangerous situation for the students.
3. We have started taping off all the dance studios in 8 - 10 foot squares in order to maintain proper social distancing per CDC guidelines.
4. Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be practiced throughout the rest of the studio.
5. No partner work or spotting is allowed. Acro and aerial classes will have verbal spotting only. Students will work on progressions, conditioning, and skills the instructor feels they can do without a physical spot.
6. All dance rooms will be closed in between classes for at least 15-30 minutes for proper cleaning, sanitizing of hard surfaces, and ventilation.
7. We will open doors and windows whenever possible.
8. We have installed 4 brand new Pure UV-Aire Healthy Home Systems (Ultraviolet Germicidal Radiation) to our forced air duct systems to continuously sterilize the air as they attack airborne viruses, bacteria, and mold, as it circulates through the HVAC ducts. We have also replaced all of the filters, and will be replacing them regularly and more frequently throughout the year.
9. In the event that we cannot safely fit one of our “repeat” classes in a room due to social distancing requirements, we will offer some classes as a hybrid. This would mean that 1/2 the class would attend live, and the other 1/2 would participate through Zoom; and students would alternate each week. *All new classes added to the schedule will be limited, to allow safe social distancing.
10. We will make ALLclasses available remotely through Zoom for families that are immune compromised, or do not feel comfortable coming into the studio yet.
11. All students will have daily temperature checks, as well as COVID health screenings. Person(s) with suspect or confirmed COVID-19 must stay home until symptom based criteria are met for discontinuation of isolation which are: At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared AND at least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (recovery is defined as resolution of fever without any fever reducing medications plus improvement in other symptoms)
12. All mats, ballet barres, or other equipment used in classes will be sanitized with approved CDC cleaners in between each use.
13. Hand sanitizer will be supplied throughout the building.
14. We have added touchless soap dispensers in all the bathrooms.
15. Due to state and CDC guidelines all aerial students must purchase their own aerial silk and rescue 8 (or fabric bell). With the purchase of the silk we will also provide students with their own rosin or chalk. I will be purchasing fabric in bulk to sell to aerial students at a discounted price. More info coming soon!
16. We will display COVID-19 signage throughout the building to encourage frequent hand washing, social distancing, and staying home when ill.
17. Plexi glass shields will be installed at the front desk, and parents are strongly encouraged to use their parent portal to make payments. We will also offer touchless payment at the studio.
18. Congregating in hallways should be avoided. Students should arrive to the studio dressed in their dance clothing, and prepared with appropriate shoes and individual gear in their dance bags. (All students must have shoes and any additional gear in their bag).
19. Please try your best to arrive on time (not late or too early) to avoid congregating in the waiting area during screenings. We have staggered our class start times to allow for social distancing during screenings.
* I can’t thank everyone enough for being so patient and understanding while we navigate through this trying time. We will do our best to make things as smooth as possible, and will adjust as necessary and as the guidelines change.
* Detailed enhanced guidelines can be found at Stay At Home 2.0 Health & Fitness
(Please be sure to look under group classes).