OCTOBER COMPANY NEWS
It is great to be back in the studio! The students are working so hard, and doing an amazing job following the guidelines. We have some great news! We were just informed that we are allowed to do formation changes, and floor work (moving out of our 8X8 boxes), as long as dancers do not touch, remain distanced, and wear masks, shoes, and leggings or tights (no bare legs). Students will be reminded to sanitize and wash hands frequently, and floors will continue to be sanitized in between classes. Dancers will continue to socially distance once they pass by other dancers to move to their new spots (they will move to another socially distanced box). *Students may dance barefoot if they stay inside their own box the entire class.
-Company families will see a credit for last year’s Groove fees on their accounts between November 2nd - November 5th, and new competition fees for Groove will be posted on November 9th. New fees will be due by December 1st. *If you are competing all the same dances as last year you will not owe any entry fees. If you are adding dances you will owe $70 per group dance.
-Groove Competition Dates & Location:
February 19th - 21st
Capitol Center for the Arts
44 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
-Host Hotel Information:
Holiday Inn Concord
172 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 224-9534
Room Block Name: Groove National Dance Competition
Reservation Deadline:January 29, 2021
-Groove Covid Information (found on their website)
Last Updated: October 22, 2020
Greetings! Thank you all so much for sticking with us as we navigate through our Competition Season and move forward into our 2020-2021 Season. As a company, it is our goal to bring dancers, educators and families together to celebrate the love of dance. Our plan is to continue to give you an amazing, fun and inspiring competition experience while doing it in the safest way possible.
We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees and attendees, as well as the safety of our workplace and event spaces. We are complying with all requirements and best practices associated with our office, warehouse and event venues in order to move forward in a secure and efficient manner. Our 2020-2021 Season will be featuring tour-wide safety precautions as well as event-specific provisions. NOTE: THESE WILL BE UPDATED AS CONDITIONS AND INFORMATION CHANGES.
The following precautions will be taken at all events.
- Masks will be recommended for attendees
- Temperature checks will be recommended for attendees
- Mandatory, daily temperature checks for Groove staff members
- Socially-distanced group seating
- Additional award ceremonies scheduled to reduce crowds/number of attendees at once
- In addition to our general entry caps that allow for a comfortable schedule for all in attendance, we will further be limiting the amount of entries we accept per event to reduce crowds
- Attendees will be unable to try on merchandise prior to purchasing
- Stage floor and equipment cleaning and sanitation throughout the day
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue - we also encourage attendees to bring hand sanitizer
- As always, our events will feature live streams for all performances and award ceremonies
- Limited spectators will be recommended
- Additional venue staff/janitorial staff accompanied by very frequent venue cleaning and sanitation
- There will be no scoring deductions for costumes featuring additional safety features on stage including, but not limited to: masks, gloves, face shields, etc.
- If a dancer, educator or attendee of any kind is feeling sick, we HIGHLY recommend staying home
- Studio Directors :: Please reach out to us for refund information regarding dancers who test positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of your event
Each area of the United States has been affected by COVID-19 differently. Based on the restrictions of local authorities, we MAY issue additional precautions in some cities. The list below are some precautions that you MAY see in your city.
Groove will send out an update four weeks prior to your event (and, if needed, an additional update two weeks prior to your event) featuring any event-specific precautions that are deemed necessary at that time. These will also be included in your event packet posted two weeks prior to your event.
Additional event specific precautions MAY include, but are not limited to:
- Block scheduling – This means we will have a single/a few studios in the building at a time throughout the event weekend in rotation
- Mask and non-mask seating sections
- Mandatory masks
- Mandatory temperature checks
- Dressing room mandates including but not limited to: socially distanced dressing rooms, studio by studio dressing rooms, etc.
- Mandatory limited spectators
Our entire careers have been dedicated to creating an amazing experience for young dancers and having to delay this experience has been heartbreaking. We love our dancers, our studios and this industry and cannot WAIT to get back on stage! Thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts!
Peace and Love,
The Groove Team